+Quote Post
parabel
post Mar 7 2007, 01:12 AM
Post #24

Group: New Members
Member No.: 1,760

Excellent! Good work! smile.gif

Some improvement suggestions:

1. It should say in the description of the fake invite feature that you have to type "!fakeinvite " to use it. I only found this information in the FAQ on the website.

2. In the description of the custom time stamp feature, it says 'check the online FAQ for format specifications', but there is no information about the feature in the FAQ. Best would be to include the information directly into SP - or at least in the FAQ on the website.

3. Still waiting for a German translation smile.gif (not too important, though)

4. In WLM, you can create a 'dynamic display picture' and will be directed to the so-called 'MeeZone' where you can create 'MeeGos' (and other stuff), but have to pay for it (and the MeeGos look stupid anyway). BUT - they show that it is possible to have animated display pictures. So, is there a way to get my own short animations / animation loops (e.g. from .swf or .gif files) into my DP, I mean, is it at least technically possible? And if so - would be great to see that in SP one day! rolleyes.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mad_Griffith
post Mar 7 2007, 02:14 AM
Post #25

Member No.: 1,077

I got a problem: I don't know how to replace default emoticons. Going to the default emoticons "library" in WLM and trying to edit the default ones, doesn't work.

edit: nevermind. I just realized I simply have to create another emoticon with the same text input. thanks anyway.

This post has been edited by Mad_Griffith: Mar 7 2007, 02:20 AM
+Quote Post
parabel
post Mar 7 2007, 02:52 AM
Post #26

Member No.: 1,760

QUOTE(Mad_Griffith @ Mar 7 2007, 03:14 AM) *

I got a problem: I don't know how to replace default emoticons. Going to the default emoticons "library" in WLM and trying to edit the default ones, doesn't work.

edit: nevermind. I just realized I simply have to create another emoticon with the same text input. thanks anyway.

When you're just at it, I got some questions about that feature:
1. Can the standard emoticons also be restored again by deleting the new emoticons or by renaming their text input?
And when I replaced for example the :) emoticon:
2. When I type :), do I and my chat partner see my custom em. or is it only visible to me?
3. When my chat partner types :), do I see the standard :) or my custom :)? (and he sees always his standard :)?)
4. Can I still somehow send the standard :) even while it actually is replaced, e.g. by going to the emoticons menu or so?

Thanks for any answers! Sorry for not trying it out myself, but I fear that it couldn't be restored to the standard :) and have no cool :) at the moment anyway.. ^^
+Quote Post
Keikonium
post Mar 7 2007, 03:56 AM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 1,078

@parabel:

1. It should say in the description of the fake invite feature that you have to type "!fakeinvite " to use it. I only found this information in the FAQ on the website.

I agree. I thought it was just "!invite" (like the !action command) and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't work. Had to check the FAQs.

2. In the description of the custom time stamp feature, it says 'check the online FAQ for format specifications', but there is no information about the feature in the FAQ. Best would be to include the information directly into SP - or at least in the FAQ on the website.

It should be in the FAQs yes, but it isn't. I have suggested adding a menu in stuffplug that shows the formatting, it hasn't happened yet tho. Until then, refer here: Timestamp Format

4. In WLM, you can create a 'dynamic display picture' and will be directed to the so-called 'MeeZone' where you can create 'MeeGos' (and other stuff), but have to pay for it (and the MeeGos look stupid anyway). BUT - they show that it is possible to have animated display pictures. So, is there a way to get my own short animations / animation loops (e.g. from .swf or .gif files) into my DP, I mean, is it at least technically possible? And if so - would be great to see that in SP one day! rolleyes.gif

Those created dynamic display pictures are digitally signed by Microsoft which is why they can be used in WLM. You can't fake the digital signature, which means you can't use your own animated images, so the answer is no. If someone else knows otherwise, please correct me smile.gif.

1. Can the standard emoticons also be restored again by deleting the new emoticons or by renaming their text input?
And when I replaced for example the smile.gif emoticon:

Yes. When you replace a default, removing that replaced emoticon, or changing the text input WILL restore the original emoticon.

2. When I type smile.gif, do I and my chat partner see my custom em. or is it only visible to me?

I assume its visible to BOTH parties, but I can't say for sure.

3. When my chat partner types smile.gif, do I see the standard smile.gif or my custom smile.gif? (and he sees always his standard smile.gif?)

If I have the smile emoticon replaced, and my contact uses the smile emoticon, then I see the one he used. So, the original. I don't see my custom one. And he'd see his original one too.

4. Can I still somehow send the standard smile.gif even while it actually is replaced, e.g. by going to the emoticons menu or so?

No. You can make it appear in your little chat box (where you type) but when you send it, its replaced by your new one. You have to REMOVE your custom emoticon for the original to be used by you.

I hope that answered some of your questions!
+Quote Post
Kangie
post Mar 7 2007, 04:03 AM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 10

2. When I type smile.gif, do I and my chat partner see my custom em. or is it only visible to me?

When you have replacted the default one with another emote, then the person you sent it to will see your custom emote... If they try and add it, they will see the default code to add it, but without stuffplug, they will have to change it to something else to save it...

Hope I made myself clear tongue.gif
+Quote Post
J-Thread
post Mar 7 2007, 03:50 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 5

QUOTE(parabel @ Mar 7 2007, 02:12 AM) *
So, is there a way to get my own short animations / animation loops (e.g. from .swf or .gif files) into my DP, I mean, is it at least technically possible? And if so - would be great to see that in SP one day! rolleyes.gif
No, there isn't. It's all quite good secured, the only possible way would be when both users have SP, but I don't think SP will ever have this feature.
+Quote Post
Capric0rn
post Mar 7 2007, 05:09 PM
Post #30

Member No.: 1,679

Awesome!
Great release biggrin.gif
Thanks.
+Quote Post
Impheatus
post Mar 7 2007, 10:57 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Group: Translator
Member No.: 109

QUOTE(Kangie @ Mar 6 2007, 10:03 PM) *

Hope I made myself clear tongue.gif

You always explain yourself clearly! wink.gif
+Quote Post
Primexx
post Mar 12 2007, 03:02 AM
Post #32

Member No.: 1,023

Great update, good to see that some tidy up options that I suggested were implemented. However the very first and most important one (to me) is still not there. Would it really be that hard to make the menu name smaller?

Right now it takes up so much space that the top menu takes up two rows for me.

IPB Image

And it's really annoying.

Thanks!
+Quote Post
Three6Mafia
post Mar 12 2007, 03:20 AM
Post #33

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,391

QUOTE(Primexx @ Mar 12 2007, 02:02 PM) *

Great update, good to see that some tidy up options that I suggested were implemented. However the very first and most important one (to me) is still not there. Would it really be that hard to make the menu name smaller?

Right now it takes up so much space that the top menu takes up two rows for me.

[IMG HERE]

And it's really annoying.

Thanks!

*cough*Try This*Cough*

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
mlc130104
post Mar 15 2007, 12:53 PM
Post #34

Member No.: 1,815

i have wait a long time for chinese-trad trans.....
why are not there a chinese-trad trans?(sorry 4 my english)
+Quote Post
Impheatus
post Mar 15 2007, 02:43 PM
Post #35

Advanced Member

Group: Translator
Member No.: 109

Because none has interested in translating it.

UPDATE: Wait a minute. There IS a translation, check this forum: Traditional Chinese Lang File

This post has been edited by Impheatus: Mar 15 2007, 02:47 PM
+Quote Post
napster_101
post Apr 12 2007, 10:20 AM
Post #36

Member No.: 2,041

Does anyone know when the next beta or the next release will be available for download? Because i've been waiting a very long time for the next StuffPlug to be released, but there was no progress from what i could see.
+Quote Post
Three6Mafia
post Apr 12 2007, 11:20 AM
Post #37

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,391

QUOTE(napster_101 @ Apr 12 2007, 08:20 PM) *

Does anyone know when the next beta or the next release will be available for download? Because i've been waiting a very long time for the next StuffPlug to be released, but there was no progress from what i could see.
And guess what... You'll be waiting a little longer. if the mods/testers choose to post some shots of the private beta that is up to them... but for now SP3.0.387 has enough features to tie you over 'til the next beta release...(be happy we're getting as much biggrin.gif )
sorry dude

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
azn_pride
post Apr 13 2007, 12:27 AM
Post #38

Advanced Member

Member No.: 209

QUOTE(napster_101 @ Apr 12 2007, 06:20 AM) *

were you talking about the stuffplug compatible with windows live messenger?

if the answer is yes, it's already here

if the answer is no, wait

--------------------
Now that Anaheim win the Stanley Cup,
let's watching another sports: soccer
Let's go Impact

www.montrealimpact.com
+Quote Post
kefdebeir
post May 22 2007, 07:52 PM
Post #39

Member No.: 2,241

New feature: replace default emoticons with custom emoticons

HOW Do YOU Do ThaT ?
+Quote Post
vikke
post May 22 2007, 08:06 PM
Post #40

Advanced Member

Group: Beta testers
Member No.: 69

You enable the feature in SP3 Settings, then you are able to add emoticons with shortcuts as smile.gif, wink.gif, tongue.gif etc.

--------------------
I'm back in Sweden! :-)
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 03:08 PM