Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Closed TopicStart new topic
> [implemented] Show Contact Time In Conversation
RedMist
post Jan 13 2007, 05:30 PM
Post #1

Group: New Members
Member No.: 45

I don't know if it would be possible at all but what if you could have a running clock somewhere on the interface of the chat window of there time off there M$ inner clock. I don't know what this would do for bandwidth but it would be pretty cool if you ask me. I dont know if this would work but for the bandwidth you could just either retrieve the time once and make it count untill the chat is closed(ending the connection or the timer), or take there time zone and do the calculation from your current time.(say I'm -5, and and the person your talking to is -3; then SP would calculate the difference and post the time in the window, and continue to count.)
(this all not necessarily being a time stamp at all...)

Its basically having there clock in your chat so you can see there time. I always ask people what time it is where they are.

This is just and idea. Though I don't see it ever happening. its neat i think biggrin.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Annuix
post Jan 13 2007, 05:43 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 250

This would only work if your contact also has SP installed. This would be a nice feature because SP does most of the work. But along with this I think us SP users also have a option to stop people from connecting to our computers and getting our time. Like a privacy option.

If that feature has the privacy option included, then I give it the thumbs up.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Aardvark
post Jan 14 2007, 12:40 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33

Sounds a little bit complicated, but looks like you've thought this out well! I'll second that thumbs up.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Keikonium
post Jan 14 2007, 08:50 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 1,078

I usually do this all in my head, but having stuffplug do it would be nice smile.gif. I have another suggestion on how to go abouts this (not to many people would probably like my idea tho...):

Instead of connecting to your contacts computer, getting their internal time, and displaying it for yourself... you could have a separate dialog with your contacts listed. You can set individual times for each one, which will then be stored in the registry. And stuffplug could read this, and YOUR time, then make the appropriate changes. This would prevent the privacy issue. Altho I'm sure it would be more coding, not to mention complicated.

But yes, good idea. I have lots of people from around the world... and this would be useful instead of trying to remember all the darn timezones lol smile.gif.
+Quote Post
RedMist
post Jan 15 2007, 03:18 AM
Post #5

Group: New Members
Member No.: 45

That sounds good too. So people that dont use SP will still have that time counter on them as well, so all we'd have to do is enter the times of the non stuff plug users happy.gif

... now where would the time stamp go, i dont know if id like it in there every message to me... maybe it can be implemented on the interface somewhere? huh.gif

also what would the format look like? hh:mm:ss(optional):am/pm?

don't know if this post makes it look like I am demanding this to be in stuff plug(don't want to be rude or anything). tho this idea seems to have been liked by a few people. Also was made into its own post by a mod happy.gif
+Quote Post
Annuix
post Jan 15 2007, 12:00 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 250

I think that it can be placed on the GUI quite easily, there is a lot of place to put it.

Maybe say their time zone aswell? (toggle on/off).

I think the biggest issue is how to automatically get the data for the time. There is already a plus script for the manual way of doing it yourself.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Ravi.
post Jan 15 2007, 01:06 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 805

I like the idea,

I also got like people in my contact list from countries all over the world.

And a timezone thingy would be cool wink.gif!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
TheBlasphemer
post Jan 20 2007, 03:24 PM
Post #8

Administrator

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

Implemented, will be in the next release smile.gif
+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2014 - 07:33 AM