Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My Wlm Does Not Want To Work
Annuix
post Jan 12 2007, 02:51 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 250

it loads up, but as soon as i sign in....it just freezes up, I have done nothing to cause this...

I have..

> uninstalled
> deleted registy values
> reinstalled

EDIT: Runs CPU at 100%
EDIT: MSN messenger 7.5 also doesnt work

This post has been edited by Annuix: Jan 12 2007, 03:13 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Annuix
post Jan 12 2007, 07:57 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Forget it, I have even tried DTD reformatting and that didn't work. If doesnt work then what will? Meh I hate it when this happens.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
xJ +
post Jan 16 2007, 03:23 PM
Post #3

Group: New Members
Member No.: 333

There're lots of possibilities that cause that..
What I guess, my guess only, that there's problem with your hard disk, it's recommended to change it if that keeps up.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Annuix
post Jan 16 2007, 05:31 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Oh shite...

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
bof
post Mar 1 2007, 05:09 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 763

god i have the exact same problem... my messenger always worked fine, no probs , no crashes and just today it started crashing on sign-in. tried installing 7.5 too...crash.
+Quote Post
Aardvark
post Mar 2 2007, 08:24 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33

Does it crash as in the bar at the top goes white?

Ok so if it IS this issue then I find this is the solution:

You will be able to sign into Windows Messenger, but not MSN/WLM. Sign into Windows Messenger and then sign out. Start>Run>Control and hit enter. Click User Accounts, and create a new administrative user account. Log off your Windows XP user account and log onto the new account you have created. Open WLM and try sign in. If you can sign in successfully then the problem is hence solved. Now just sign out of WLM and sign out of the new WinXP user account you just created and back into your regular account. Open WLM and try sign in. 4/5 persons who this issue have happened with have successfully managed to fix it, that is, IF this is your problem. The other person I don't think signed into Windows Messenger to that's probably their problem.

Yeah I can't guarantee this will fix anything, but for some unknown reason it works for me and my friends, of course that is, IF this is your problem...

--------------------
+Quote Post
bof
post Mar 4 2007, 06:03 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(Aardvark @ Mar 2 2007, 08:24 AM) *

Does it crash as in the bar at the top goes white?

Ok so if it IS this issue then I find this is the solution:

You will be able to sign into Windows Messenger, but not MSN/WLM. Sign into Windows Messenger and then sign out. Start>Run>Control and hit enter. Click User Accounts, and create a new administrative user account. Log off your Windows XP user account and log onto the new account you have created. Open WLM and try sign in. If you can sign in successfully then the problem is hence solved. Now just sign out of WLM and sign out of the new WinXP user account you just created and back into your regular account. Open WLM and try sign in. 4/5 persons who this issue have happened with have successfully managed to fix it, that is, IF this is your problem. The other person I don't think signed into Windows Messenger to that's probably their problem.

Yeah I can't guarantee this will fix anything, but for some unknown reason it works for me and my friends, of course that is, IF this is your problem...

i have the problem described, my menu bar goes white and the app stop responding but your trick doesnt work for me... dunno why it just stopped working one day like that... microsoft products heh..
+Quote Post
Aardvark
post Mar 5 2007, 06:00 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Ok you may also want to try signing in on a different computer, a different IM (such as Trillian) and see if they work...

--------------------
+Quote Post
bof
post Mar 5 2007, 05:04 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(Aardvark @ Mar 5 2007, 06:00 AM) *

Ok you may also want to try signing in on a different computer, a different IM (such as Trillian) and see if they work...

well i can sign in with the ugly normal messenger on my computer, it works everytime, same for trillian or amsn, but signing on with these progs doest change the fact that messenger 7.5 or 8 will crash everytime...
this is very strange because WLM stopped working just one day, like that....

i dont know if signing on another computer might fix this... why should it?

i found the problem. i created a new msn account and signed in on my computer and it works fine... no crashes, no nothing........
so what am i going to do from now???
does it mean my account is ****ed up and that i need to create another one (though i can still sign in on trillian etc)???

Posts merged - Kangie

This post has been edited by bof: Mar 5 2007, 05:05 PM
+Quote Post
Aardvark
post Mar 6 2007, 05:08 AM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Yes it is possible to sign in using a different account, I was already aware of that - should've mentioned that tongue.gif it might work on a different computer because a file on your system may be doing something to stuff it up - for this reason you need to test using a different computer.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Ranana_LoMa
post Jun 23 2009, 12:15 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 4,176

i tried this but i have one question.. i have more people on my block list than on my allow list, but those contacts have not block/deleted me... is it possible for me to get rid of them? cause i really wouldnt like to change my msn adress just because of this... i was only able to delete about 10 contacts but wlm is still using about 50mb without any convo window open...

--------------------
+Quote Post
Aardvark
post Jun 23 2009, 10:59 AM
Post #12

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Ranana_LoMa @ Jun 23 2009, 10:15 AM) *

i tried this but i have one question.. i have more people on my block list than on my allow list, but those contacts have not block/deleted me... is it possible for me to get rid of them? cause i really wouldnt like to change my msn adress just because of this... i was only able to delete about 10 contacts but wlm is still using about 50mb without any convo window open...

There is no way, however your blocked list should have no baring whatsoever on messengers memory footprint. I have hundreds on my blocked list, and with one conversation open my footprint is 25,000KB and with none it's 5,400KB. Regardless, Messenger should be the least of your worries, as internet explorers such as Firefox use in excess of 50MB RAM at any given moment. With one tab open Firefox is using almost 74MB RAM. If RAM is an issue for you I suggest getting more RAM or increasing the side of your page file. If RAM isn't an issue, then it shouldn't really matter how much Messenger uses, as long as everything else has enough RAM too.

The only way I can see contacts affecting performance is when you sign in, depending on your computer specs, it may take a very long time for things to load of you have a large amount of contacts added.

This post has been edited by Aardvark: Jun 23 2009, 11:01 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 11:49 AM