Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Some Missing Tidying-Up Options
Primexx
post Jan 2 2007, 12:13 AM
Post #1

Group: New Members
Member No.: 1,023

The interface of SP3.0.254 BETA itself is non-customizable. This is a bit of a pain in the behind. Please for the next version add these options:

1) Option to remove the menu item in the [File,Contacts,Tools,etc] bar, OR to use a short hand like say "SP3" rather than the full form, currently it takes up so much space that my menu bar is wrapped into a second line.
2) Option to remove the SP icons in the contact/chat windows.

Thanks!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Screeny
post Jan 5 2007, 08:00 AM
Post #2

Group: Banned
Member No.: 818

3) And don't forget to add an option to remove the SP icon (or better that whole "Disable StuffPlug 3" option, most of us doesn't need it and we'll never going to) from the sign-in window.
+Quote Post
Kangie
post Jan 5 2007, 01:28 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 10

The disable Stuffplug option was added after lots of people said that family members who shared a computer with them wouldn't want stuffplug, and they wanted an easy way to disable it smile.gif
+Quote Post
Primexx
post Jan 7 2007, 08:28 AM
Post #4

QUOTE(Kangie @ Jan 5 2007, 05:28 AM) *

The disable Stuffplug option was added after lots of people said that family members who shared a computer with them wouldn't want stuffplug, and they wanted an easy way to disable it smile.gif

An option of whether to enable that quick on/off toggle would still be nice though. since there are still many people who dont need it.

P.S. wtf we get to delete our own posts???
+Quote Post
Kangie
post Jan 7 2007, 03:06 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

True, although I rarely pay any attention to the sign-in screen, other than looking at it for 2 seconds to click sign in, so I can't say it ever bothers me tongue.gif
+Quote Post
Annuix
post Jan 8 2007, 09:40 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 250

It's not a feature I would likely use either, my laptop isn't shared

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
linx05
post Jan 8 2007, 10:20 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9

So don't use it then.
+Quote Post
Kangie
post Jan 8 2007, 02:13 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Don't use what? I think they were only suggesting, not complaining, this is a suggestion forum after all smile.gif
+Quote Post
linx05
post Jan 8 2007, 02:51 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9

The people asking for the option to be removed. I don't see why the developers need to spend the extra time coding in an option to remove the option to enable StuffPlug3. It would be better spent on fixing bugs, adding new features and such.

This post has been edited by linx05: Jan 8 2007, 02:55 PM
+Quote Post
Sunshine
post Jan 8 2007, 03:04 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Group: Beta testers
Member No.: 2

I really don't see the big fuss in what Stuffplug adds in buttons etc. If you are using SP3 why hide it? The menu background in the contactlist now colours along with whatever colour you set for WLM already, wich in my eyes is a great improvement (and the only esthetic problem i saw in the whole).

Furthermore i love the feature to enable/disable, i guess you'd have to be a betatester (for more than one app) to appreciate that one. Also it's not like the enable/disable is right there in your face anyway.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Annuix
post Jan 8 2007, 09:05 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 250

I didn't actually ask for it to be removed, It doesn't bother me nor get in the way, I was just saying it's something that I'm not likely to use. Nothing wrong with that I hope.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Primexx
post Jan 8 2007, 09:21 PM
Post #12

QUOTE(Sunshine @ Jan 8 2007, 07:04 AM) *

I really don't see the big fuss in what Stuffplug adds in buttons etc. If you are using SP3 why hide it?

Because it takes up unnecessary space?

Personally the only thing that bothers me is the huge "StuffPlug3" menu item. I actually plan to keep the buttons inside messenger and chat windows. But for consideration of those who wouldn't want that, I suggested an option to toggle those too.

The menu background in the contactlist now colours along with whatever colour you set for WLM already, wich in my eyes is a great improvement (and the only esthetic problem i saw in the whole).

Which doesnt have anything to do with the buttons rolleyes.gif

Furthermore i love the feature to enable/disable, i guess you'd have to be a betatester (for more than one app) to appreciate that one. Also it's not like the enable/disable is right there in your face anyway.

Actually I dont personally mind it, but it's a nice toggle to have for those who do. Be more considerate of other's opinions.
+Quote Post
lordy
post Jan 8 2007, 11:50 PM
Post #13

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 8

How was she not being considerate of other people's opinions? You're getting a bit defensive for no particular reason. Everyone has the right to suggest anything and we are merely discussing the pros and cons of implementing those suggestions. In this case I don't think these suggestions will be implemented just because a few people don't like them. Those menus provide easy access to StuffPlug's features and removing them would be severely detrimental to it's functionality.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
TheBlasphemer
post Jan 9 2007, 12:11 AM
Post #14

Administrator

Member No.: 1

Not going to remove the "Disable StuffPlug" check. All options are user-specific, and disabling this would be rather difficult options-wise wink.gif
The menu and buttons, put it on the TODO-list, although I don't really think it's useful.
+Quote Post
Primexx
post Jan 10 2007, 09:15 PM
Post #15

QUOTE(lordy @ Jan 8 2007, 03:50 PM) *

How was she not being considerate of other people's opinions? You're getting a bit defensive for no particular reason. Everyone has the right to suggest anything and we are merely discussing the pros and cons of implementing those suggestions. In this case I don't think these suggestions will be implemented just because a few people don't like them. Those menus provide easy access to StuffPlug's features and removing them would be severely detrimental to it's functionality.

I was simply saying why I suggested them in the first place. Far from implying that she's not being considerate of other people's opinions. You're being defensive for no reason.

And TheBlasphemer thanks!

This post has been edited by Primexx: Jan 10 2007, 09:15 PM
+Quote Post
auzak
post Jan 13 2007, 03:02 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,299

i think i'd raise my hand for having the option to remove the buttons from the conversation windows and such, since considering the amount of options we can tweak is limited to what's currently available, we probably won't be accessing the menu any more than the first few times. =) nothing about hiding SPNG.. lol.. no harm having an extra button around..
+Quote Post
TheBlasphemer
post Nov 15 2007, 02:12 AM
Post #17

Administrator

Member No.: 1

Alright, the buttons in both the contactlist and the conversation windows are now features that can be set to either on or off,
As for the menu: I'm not going to change it's primary name, as obviously not everyone knows what "SP3" is. I'm not going to make an option either, because it really is too much work for too little. If it really troubles you that much, you could theoretically just create your own language file with that part changed smile.gif

For now: Moved to Implemented.
+Quote Post
D.odomy
post Nov 29 2009, 01:51 AM
Post #18

Member No.: 4,311

I, too, am having this problem, but only on my boyfriends laptop, not on my own PC. It is especially a problem when the stats for some equipment does not show, so I cant decide whats the better equipment

Heres the dxdiag from his laptop.

I hope someone has some idea why this is happening

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 06:24 AM