Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Farewell Wlm 8.5 = Farewell Stuffplug? =(
KannaHime
post Nov 6 2009, 01:23 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,034

Hello,

About a half hour ago I was kicked off WLM (Still using 8.5 cause I find WLM 14 fail) for no reason. At least that's what I thought. I tried to log in and.... It was telling my my version was outdated and asking if I wanted to update. Now it did that each week and I could tell it not to ask me for another week, however this option was gone. When clicking on "No" it simply refused to log me in. I was thinking maybe it was a bit glitchy so I tried to do it on my other computer.... with the same results.

Easier said I'm either forced to update WLM to the horrible '09 version or use an alternative messenger that logs into several messengers. Which on those StuffPlug doesn't work on.....

So easier said, I'd like to hear an official answer of the staff if they're going to drop StuffPlug's development completely or finally decide to make it work for the new versions properly. I know some features work but watching other people's posts there's quite some issues with it. I'm not blaming the staff it they'll drop it. If it's anyone's fault it's of course Microsoft's which never agreed with add-on's to MSN/WLM.

Features I always loved were the links opening in the default browser, the keyboard lights blinking when someone messages you during a full screen program and the time notifications below people's avatars. You guys did a great job on this.

If you people decide to drop it, many thanks for all those years we could make use of this nifty add-on.

From a dear StuffPlug user,

Kanna~<3
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Aardvark
post Nov 9 2009, 06:19 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33

Try running it in a compatibility mode. To do this, right click the shortcut for WLM, click Properties, Compatibility and then try changing the version to XP, 2000 or earlier.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Ducktor
post Nov 9 2009, 10:02 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 674

Hi all!

I've found a solution by someone else, I'm sorry, I can't name him, but he claimed that if you alter the version information in the main msnmsgr.exe, you can trick the server to think you're using the newest messenger.
Here's the link to the article
http://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives/2009/0...-msn-messenger/

It must work for everyone, and it's not too complicated. Hope this helped. smile.gif
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 10:19 AM