Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Has Sp Messed With My Java Scripts?
paul13
post Feb 27 2008, 08:05 PM
Post #1

Group: New Members
Member No.: 3,145

i cant go to facebook or access my email properly. has stuffplug messed with my java scripts?? and how can i fix the fact its restricted my internet, and yes ive playedwith my security settings.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TheBlasphemer
post Feb 27 2008, 09:25 PM
Post #2

Administrator

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

StuffPlug or it's installer do not mingle with your internet settings. I'm pretty sure that StuffPlug hasn't caused this smile.gif
+Quote Post
paul13
post Feb 28 2008, 01:21 AM
Post #3

ok, then does anyone know how to get rid of this active X control shtuff off my computer so it works as it should be?? cuz ive tried everything
+Quote Post
Aardvark
post Feb 29 2008, 04:16 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 33

Have you tried Firefox? tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheSteve
post Feb 29 2008, 02:23 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 723

QUOTE(paul13 @ Feb 28 2008, 10:21 AM) *

ok, then does anyone know how to get rid of this active X control shtuff off my computer so it works as it should be?? cuz ive tried everything

If you're using IE 7, you can go to Start->All Programs->Accessories->System Tools->Internet Explorer (No Add-ons)
This will start internet explorer in basic mode. From there, you can go to Tools->Internet Options->Programs->Manage Add-ons. From here you can enable/disable any ActiveX controls you wish.

If you've messed with your security settings and it doesn't work anymore and you can't remember what you did, you can reset the settings to the defaults from the Advanced tab of Internet options
+Quote Post
paul13
post Mar 1 2008, 04:03 AM
Post #6

hey thanks i turned disabeld the add ons but it didnt make any difference, it just cleaned up the internet explorer top half, thank god cuz i made the mistake of getting yahoo messenger and it completly took over my explorer page. now thats uninstalled...

anyways,
-my hotmail is still getting redirected.
-i cant log on to facebook due to a java script problem thing.
-and i my frostwire and limewire will not connect!!!!!!
ive played with my internet settings for a total of 4 hours... literaly. ive downloaded stuffplug, limewire, oh and msn plus...which is when this all started (i just uninstalled it 2 seconds ago...didnt change a thing) im running windows vista
WHAT CAN I DO!?!?
im getting slightly frustrated.

i hope someone can help
+Quote Post
Aardvark
post Mar 1 2008, 06:30 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

I was actually serious about suggesting trying Firefox. If it doesn't work there it will further help us determine where the problem is. dry.gif

This post has been edited by Aardvark: Mar 1 2008, 06:30 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
paul13
post Mar 2 2008, 12:14 AM
Post #8

hey thats a pretty cool program...firefox. it has a few useful programs in it. and success!!! well atleast i can use facebook and hotmail. but im still unable to connect to frostwire and or limewire.

wow thanks man if your were near me id buy you a beer.

any suggestions with my problems with frostwire? its stuck on "starting connection" and thats it.

i really like this firefox. what can i do with it??? what are some cool things firefox allows me to do, cuz its obviously not the same as regular.
im for ever trying to get keen with my laptop. its brand new so i can do alot real fast.
haha right on Aardvark thanks man
+Quote Post
paul13
post Mar 2 2008, 01:36 AM
Post #9

im fixed!! i downloaded a fix for frostwire and now im good to go!!!! thanks guys, ill keep in touch with this page
+Quote Post
Kangie
post Mar 2 2008, 03:52 AM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 10

Try borwing through the various things here

My personal favourites are the extensions: "adblock" (bloack ads laugh.gif), "New tab homepage" (puts your homepage on a new tab when you open it, as newer versions of FF don't do this) and "Undo closed tab button" (useful when you accidentally close the wrong tab) tongue.gif

I also use the Noia 2 extreme theme which looks so nice! Alot of the search engines are also really usefuland save time, so just have a look about!
+Quote Post
Aardvark
post Mar 2 2008, 08:25 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

No problem biggrin.gif What can it do? It can protect you in ways IE could never DREAM of, it also loads a lot faster too, or at least, faster than IE7 haha. It can load WEB PAGES ohmy.gif, skins, blah blah yeah it's all there on Kangie's link. If you're not using the Firefox 3 Beta I recommend Session Fix, it's the BEST.

EDIT: And if that isn't enough, the Firefox logo is just 10x cooler than an E with circles around it. smile.gif

The only downside is, lack of Active X controls (in regard to functionality, not the security risk they hold) - however unless update.microsoft.com is your home page that's not really much to worry about.

This post has been edited by Aardvark: Mar 2 2008, 08:28 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Exhaubs09
post Dec 14 2009, 06:18 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 4,313

I would install it as long as i knew what was being transmitted.

This would improve Plus, but i dont know how much use my one would be, i dont use many of the features

Maybie the installer should have a thing like FireFox has when trying to install an extension off the web, the button enables itself after 5 seconds giving the user reading time for what they are about to install.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 11:53 AM