Lord d'Eath
post Dec 29 2006, 07:10 PM
Post #41

Administrator

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(jcyc @ Dec 29 2006, 05:44 PM) *

Do the administrators have any idea?

No, honestly, we have no more information than you do regarding the release date tongue.gif

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
DrBigDogŪ
post May 3 2007, 06:52 AM
Post #42

Group: New Members
Member No.: 2,156

QUOTE(Kangie @ Dec 10 2006, 04:00 PM) *

No, that feature was removed from Stuffplug as it was very unreliable smile.gif

"The Window Opened Notifier will not return due to the way MSN7.x (which is used by all pre-XP users) requests display pictures. The notifier used to work by detecting when your display pic was requested, which only happened when a convo window was opened.

MSN7.x (and Windows Live Messenger) now use contact cards/display pics in the contacts window/display pics in the sign-in popup, so now when ANY of those happen, it would make the notifier popup (even if someone just opened your contact card) which makes it highly inaccurate and therefore pretty useless."

Well I have to comment on this subject. I don't seem to have any of them problems with mine but then again I am runing messanger 7.0 and stuffplug 2.2.397 . Ya.. I relize it is a older versions but I have been hanging on to it just cause I like to see when folks leave the conversation or are about to open up one with me. I found it really comes in handy and ya.. I am having a hard time giving it up. But I must say the new features look really cool and it is tempting to download the new msn and the latest stuffplug I must confess. Great program! Even this old version wink.gif
+Quote Post
Aardvark
post May 3 2007, 08:38 AM
Post #43

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 33

Trust me, you may love what you can't have in the new version, but it is very possible, and easy, to live without them. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
napster_101
post May 4 2007, 11:18 PM
Post #44

Member No.: 2,041

StuffPlug is taking way too long to release.

The last version has been released more than a month ago.
+Quote Post
Aardvark
post May 4 2007, 11:27 PM
Post #45

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33

I just got a sense of deja vu, I swear someone had said it was taking ages to release before. How long does it take for each version of MsgPlus to be released? Each version of Windows, each new model of car, your school reports (if you go to school) to be written published and sent out. These things take time! And until they are done we just need to be patient. The current version is more than adequate, with tonnes of new features to keep us running until the cows come home.

And as they say, you may really really want something, but when you get it, it's not that big a deal.

EDIT: What's more we've been given a Development Blog!! So now we actually know what is being worked on then and there. Which gives us even more of an insight into how long particular features that are being worked on may take. You don't get a day to day update on any of the things I listed above, do you. (Unless you're actually a person working on making those things but that's completely irrelevant and beside the point).

This post has been edited by Aardvark: May 4 2007, 11:31 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
warmth
post May 11 2007, 02:17 AM
Post #46

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,006

QUOTE(jcyc @ Dec 29 2006, 01:44 PM) *
I have been checking the site for SP3 everyday. How long more to wait? Any inside news or not?
Do the administrators have any idea?
I really look forward using it!!!!!!!

we all are waiting... so don't get pissed off... don't worry I know TB is going to give us a surprise soon...

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image
+Quote Post
Zhuinden
post May 12 2007, 12:32 PM
Post #47

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,700

You have quoted a 5 months old post, lol.

Anyways, I'm waiting for the newest StuffPlug 3 and actually I check on the site every day as well, to know whether there is already a new version or not. It would be a good thing to at least see an Alpha Version or something, that is yet incomplete... It would still be better than nothing. smile.gif Like an RC version.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Three6Mafia
post May 12 2007, 03:04 PM
Post #48

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,391

QUOTE(Zhuinden @ May 12 2007, 10:32 PM) *

Anyways, I'm waiting for the newest StuffPlug 3 and actually I check on the site every day as well, to know whether there is already a new version or not. It would be a good thing to at least see an Alpha Version or something, that is yet incomplete... It would still be better than nothing. Like an RC version.
The saying, "Be happy with what you already have." comes into play in this situation..
~1. The probable reasons for a lack of an updated 'Beta', is most likely due to the fact that it is currently not stable enough to be distributed or,
~2. TheSteve, TheBlasphemer and J-Thread are working on some more features to be implemented.
Which ever way you look at it you have the best of both worlds at this current point in time.

(Releasing a faulty product will only cause a backlash on the SP3 Forums, with posts of complaints and bugs)

Aaron,

This post has been edited by Three6Mafia: May 12 2007, 03:04 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
warmth
post May 12 2007, 03:05 PM
Post #49

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,006

QUOTE(Zhuinden @ May 12 2007, 08:32 AM) *

Anyways, I'm waiting for the newest StuffPlug 3 and actually I check on the site every day as well, to know whether there is already a new version or not. It would be a good thing to at least see an Alpha Version or something, that is yet incomplete... It would still be better than nothing. smile.gif Like an RC version.

jajaja... I wanted to be polite with him... rolleyes.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 10:57 PM