Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Introduction And Upcoming Features
Zhuinden
post Nov 27 2007, 02:47 PM
Post #61

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,700

Because too many people use those animated letters, I have Show Emoticons off. It's so much kewler this way.

Anyways, then WLM9 will come out after a while then. tongue.gif

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
warmth
post Nov 27 2007, 05:25 PM
Post #62

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,006

QUOTE(Zhuinden @ Nov 27 2007, 10:47 AM) *
Anyways, then WLM9 will come out after a while then. tongue.gif
8 month for first public beta dry.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image
+Quote Post
Matty
post Nov 27 2007, 06:25 PM
Post #63

Advanced Member

Group: New Members
Member No.: 1,423

Were did you here that Warmth?
+Quote Post
warmth
post Nov 27 2007, 06:28 PM
Post #64

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Matty @ Nov 27 2007, 02:25 PM) *
Were did you here that Warmth?
That is what messenger team expect... One of them tell me...

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image
+Quote Post
Aardvark
post Nov 29 2007, 04:26 AM
Post #65

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33

8 months?! How does that work! I swear I read somewhere that it would be released mid-2008 or something like that, and that's just UNDER 8 months there...

--------------------
+Quote Post
Matty
post Nov 29 2007, 05:30 PM
Post #66

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,423

Well hopefully they will release a version erlier than that.
+Quote Post
warmth
post Nov 29 2007, 05:44 PM
Post #67

Advanced Member

Maybe... I'm just telling you what they tell me... sad.gif I'm not 100% sure of that...

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image
+Quote Post
Pinkfish
post Dec 21 2007, 05:14 AM
Post #68

Member No.: 2,833

I'm actually using Live Messenger 9 Beta and it's very nice.

URL in nicknames and personal messages are now clickable.
You can customize every single sound in MSN, even choose a sound for when a specific contact connects
Animated gifs can be used as display pics

and some other things I don't remember.

I don't know if I can give the link where I found it but if I can, I will! So tell me!
+Quote Post
Pinkfish
post Dec 21 2007, 06:17 AM
Post #69

Member No.: 2,833

.... StuffPlug 3 does not work with Live Messenger 9 by the way... even by doing the registry manipulation.
+Quote Post
TheSteve
post Dec 21 2007, 02:35 PM
Post #70

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 723

QUOTE(Pinkfish @ Dec 21 2007, 03:17 PM) *

.... StuffPlug 3 does not work with Live Messenger 9 by the way... even by doing the registry manipulation.

http://www.stuffplug.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1382
+Quote Post
vade64
post Nov 20 2008, 01:37 PM
Post #71

Member No.: 3,801

I have looked around on this forum as well as using Google to try and find an add-in that uses the Windows native Text to Speech API as an add-in to WLM to provide text to speech for IM's in real time. I found the description of how to put this together but am not sophisticated enough with programming in order to make it work. If it's not a setup.exe download and click next->finish, I'm pretty much a noob. Do you know if this is a planned feature or where I can get an add-in already compiled/packaged that I can add through WLM directly?

Here is the link to the add-in build mentioned above:

http://www.bokebb.com/dev/english/2035/posts/203518926.shtml

Thanks in advance,

Dave

QUOTE(TheBlasphemer @ Apr 13 2007, 07:01 PM) *

Hi,

As this is the first post here, I figure a quick introduction would be fit. Usually I post new information regarding StuffPlug in the news forum, but limit this to things that affect everyone. This includes new (beta-)releases, information regarding serious bugs, etc. However from several topics I noticed that for some people this was not enough, and they wanted more information. Information on development of StuffPlug, the minute it's being worked on. And that's exactly the people that this forum will cater to smile.gif

So yeah, it's been a while since the latest public release, revision 387, so I don't think it'd suprise anyone if I'd say a lot of things have been changed wink.gif
Most of the changes are "under the hood", you don't really see or notice them, but they will ensure that your StuffPlug experience will be flawless smile.gif
However, beside all those small changes, there are also a few major new features coming up. Some are nearly ready, while others still have a long way to go. But this shouldn't be a reason not to keep you updated on them cool.gif. So here goes, some of the new features you can expect in StuffPlug 3.1:
  • GroupBlock
    Basically GroupBlock adds back to Messenger what should've been there from the start. The ability to block or unblock entire groups, and not just individual contacts. You can see a screenshot of this feature right here
  • Custom Content
    Although winks and dynamic display pictures are a nice technology, it's a pain in the behind that you can only get them from three websites, and that they usually cost a fortune. That is why I and TheSteve set off to create our own dynamic content. StuffPlug 3.1 will allow you to use content from a lot more messenger sites than you could before. Unfortunately your contact will also need SP to properly see it, but I don't see why they shouldn't be using it anyway wink.gif
    One thing worth noticing is that custom content will *not* allow you to actually create your own content. If we would allow this, it would bring serious security issues, and that's why we're limiting content creation to several trusted messenger sites only. However, we do guarantee you that any custom SP content will be 100% free to download smile.gif
  • Scripting
    The last and most notable feature is Scripting. Scripting will allow anyone with basic knowledge of a scripting language like JScript or VBScript to create their own features. Scripts will have full control over messenger UI-library, and as such can be used to dynamically manipulate any user-interface that messenger uses. Also they will have access to an extensive API to Messenger, that will allow them to do virtually anything you can imagine.
    Although Scripts are already functional, and the core is already there, we still have a long way to go on this feature: there are still dozens of functions and objects that we still need to implement before it will be complete.
Anyway, enough for now, I'll give you all some time to absorb this information before I write even more wink.gif

Oh, One last thing I'd like to mention is that you're free to leave any comments or questions you might have as a reply here. I'd be more than glad to answer them biggrin.gif

Have fun,
TB

+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 05:00 AM