Aardvark
post Nov 5 2007, 05:06 AM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 33

QUOTE(gitti @ Nov 5 2007, 12:11 AM) *

A question about group blocking:

it works on offline contacts of a certain group even if offline contacts are grouped together?

Can I block "offline contacts" group too?

I think you were asking can you block a group of contacts if the contacts in that group are offline. And of course you could. You're just blocking a group - whether they're online or offline is completely irrelevant.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
gitti
post Nov 5 2007, 11:21 AM
Post #42

Advanced Member

Group: New Members
Member No.: 1,243

QUOTE(Aardvark @ Nov 5 2007, 07:06 AM) *

I think you were asking can you block a group of contacts if the contacts in that group are offline. And of course you could. You're just blocking a group - whether they're online or offline is completely irrelevant.

thank you
+Quote Post
napster_101
post Nov 15 2007, 01:53 PM
Post #43

Member No.: 2,041

QUOTE(Aardvark @ Nov 5 2007, 03:06 AM) *

I don't think his root question was answered, Aardvark. From what I understood, he asked if there was any way to block the 'Offline' group. This doesn't seem to be possible, as far as I know. If there is, prove me wrong.
+Quote Post
Aardvark
post Nov 16 2007, 09:53 AM
Post #44

Advanced Member

Ohh yeah. Eh it could mean either one, but still the same logic would apply - it's a group - the feature is group blocking. Then again I have absolutely no proof whether I'm right or wrong so yeah no further comment from me. dry.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
MiG-X
post Nov 25 2007, 12:55 AM
Post #45

Member No.: 2,778

Custom Content
Although winks and dynamic display pictures are a nice technology, it's a pain in the behind that you can only get them from three websites, and that they usually cost a fortune. That is why I and TheSteve set off to create our own dynamic content. StuffPlug 3.1 will allow you to use content from a lot more messenger sites than you could before. Unfortunately your contact will also need SP to properly see it, but I don't see why they shouldn't be using it anyway
One thing worth noticing is that custom content will *not* allow you to actually create your own content. If we would allow this, it would bring serious security issues, and that's why we're limiting content creation to several trusted messenger sites only. However, we do guarantee you that any custom SP content will be 100% free to download

I think it's no longer useful to develop this feature as WLM 9.0 will have .gif support smile.gif
+Quote Post
Aardvark
post Nov 25 2007, 02:05 AM
Post #46

Advanced Member

Yeah but how long until WLM 9 comes out? Somewhere I read it was 7 months, maybe 8! And what about those who don't wanna upgrade to WLM 9 even when it does come out? And what's to say the content provided by TB, TheSteve and the several other trusted Messenger sites won't be a million times better than the lousy gifs you find lying around your computer? Even more this custom content could be compatible with MSN 8.5 and below (can't remember if those ones supported custom content althrough I'm pretty sure 7.0 does dry.gif )

Anyway it's just like the old "copying features from other Messenger add-ons" argument - it doesn't hurt to have a choice in what you use to to this that and this.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Zhuinden
post Nov 25 2007, 08:43 AM
Post #47

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,700

Those who use WLM 8.0 Beta has their connections rejected from MSN, I know that because someone I know had that problem. I guess people will be forced to use WLM 9 when it comes out.

I'm kinda losing hope in StuffPlug though.. It will never come out, just like WLM 9. I haven't seen a post by the admins in 5 months. Yeah I know that some features need testing and fixing and stuff, but there is a Development Blog, and it's not used. >.<

--------------------
+Quote Post
Aardvark
post Nov 25 2007, 10:15 AM
Post #48

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Zhuinden @ Nov 25 2007, 07:43 PM) *

It will never come out, just like WLM 9.

That implies that you think that WLM 9 will never come out either - which is very wtf. They've only just begun! I for one think it's amazing they're already up to beta testing on it.

Anyway last time I checked you could still sign in using MSN 6.2, 7.0, and 7.5 when set to use compatibility mode. 8.0 maybe not but that's what 8.1 and 8.5 are for - the same major build just with slight bug fixes and the like - its the same deal with 6.0 - you can't use 6.0 but you can use 6.2, just because 6.2 is the more stable release.

Anyway the point is you do have a choice, so you're hardly being constricted here by any means of the imagination.

And sure the Development Blog isn't being used - frankly I'm not too fussy about new and upcoming features - we've got more than plenty to last us a while. At least we can still use SP3 with WLM 8.5 with a little bit of tweaking, so that's at least something to be a little bit grateful for.

And for we know TB was in a horrific plane crash and landed on an island in the middle of the Pacific with no means of contacting anyone or anything - and I'm sure the last thing on his mind would be updating StuffPlug (yeah I watched Castaway AGAIN the other day. tongue.gif ) But people have lives you know!!

And regardless of that, MsgPlus 4.50 is coming out in like a few weeks or so that should keep you preoccupied from StuffPlug for at least a little while:P

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kangie
post Nov 25 2007, 10:50 AM
Post #49

Advanced Member

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 10

I've seen numerous posts by fellow beta testers wink.gif I assure you, vigorous testing is going on, just behind closed doors!

TB does have a life outside stuffplug, and I don't want to go into details as it's not my place to do so, but he also has college and other things that affect the rest of his life... I'm suprised he's doing anything on stuffplug, but he IS!! '

Where did anyone read that WLM9.x will have gif support? ohmy.gif
+Quote Post
MiG-X
post Nov 25 2007, 12:02 PM
Post #50

It will never come out, just like WLM 9.

I don't know about stuffplug, but I highly doubt that WLM 9 "will never come out", Windows Live Butterflies have already got it smile.gif (beta version, of course)
Where did anyone read that WLM9.x will have gif support?

A Windows Live Butterfly published a list of all the new features some days ago, it's on (almost) any Messenger fan-site.

This post has been edited by MiG-X: Nov 25 2007, 12:06 PM
+Quote Post
TheSteve
post Nov 25 2007, 01:11 PM
Post #51

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 723

QUOTE(Kangie @ Nov 25 2007, 07:50 PM) *
Where did anyone read that WLM9.x will have gif support? ohmy.gif

You obviously don't subscribe to mess.be's RSS feed. tongue.gif

QUOTE(MiG-X @ Nov 25 2007, 09:55 AM) *

I think it's no longer useful to develop this feature as WLM 9.0 will have .gif support smile.gif

I've never seen an GIF image that will automatically play a different image based on the emoticons you use.
+Quote Post
Kangie
post Nov 25 2007, 02:19 PM
Post #52

Advanced Member

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 10

Ah, nah, I rarely bother with mess.be these days tongue.gif It's a much needed feature though!
+Quote Post
MiG-X
post Nov 25 2007, 03:17 PM
Post #53

I've never seen an GIF image that will automatically play a different image based on the emoticons you use.

nor have I, but IMO that isn't a very important feature considering that you cannot associate the different images to custom emoticons...who uses those old-style default emoticons nowadays? tongue.gif

This post has been edited by MiG-X: Nov 25 2007, 03:18 PM
+Quote Post
Matty
post Nov 25 2007, 04:57 PM
Post #54

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,423

QUOTE(MiG-X @ Nov 25 2007, 03:17 PM) *

who uses those old-style default emoticons nowadays? tongue.gif

By 'old-style' default emoticons are you reffering to the classic smiley face and the emoticons that have been in MSN for ages? Because mostly everyone I know uses those emoticons because the only other emoticons that in your opinion must not be 'old-style' are those extremely irritant animated letters and smiley faces that only wind you up!

This post has been edited by Matty: Nov 25 2007, 04:57 PM
+Quote Post
Nuno Peralta
post Nov 25 2007, 05:25 PM
Post #55

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,021

QUOTE(TheSteve @ Nov 25 2007, 02:11 PM) *

You obviously don't subscribe to mess.be's RSS feed. tongue.gif

that will be a feature of StuffPlug 3? laugh.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
MiG-X
post Nov 25 2007, 06:37 PM
Post #56

QUOTE(Matty)
By 'old-style' default emoticons are you reffering to the classic smiley face and the emoticons that have been in MSN for ages? Because mostly everyone I know uses those emoticons because the only other emoticons that in your opinion must not be 'old-style' are those extremely irritant animated letters and smiley faces that only wind you up!

I don't like those big annoying emoticons too, but there are a lot (and by a lot I mean: a lot!) of nice emoticons that resemble the default ones but are nicer and express more "shadings" of human expressions...just for example: between smile.gif and biggrin.gif there is happy.gif , MSN just has two default emoticons smiling. I like to have a lot of different emoticons (and they're almost all tiny and not-moving like the default ones) so that I can always use the "right" one, not just smile.gif or biggrin.gif , maybe for someone two are more than enough, but I've never said I'm not a demanding person smile.gif

P.S. Are you the same Matty of MSG Plus!?

This post has been edited by MiG-X: Nov 25 2007, 06:54 PM
+Quote Post
Matty
post Nov 25 2007, 10:16 PM
Post #57

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,423

QUOTE(MiG-X @ Nov 25 2007, 06:37 PM) *

I don't like those big annoying emoticons too, but there are a lot (and by a lot I mean: a lot!) of nice emoticons that resemble the default ones but are nicer and express more "shadings" of human expressions...just for example: between smile.gif and biggrin.gif there is happy.gif , MSN just has two default emoticons smiling. I like to have a lot of different emoticons (and they're almost all tiny and not-moving like the default ones) so that I can always use the "right" one, not just smile.gif or biggrin.gif , maybe for someone two are more than enough, but I've never said I'm not a demanding person smile.gif

P.S. Are you the same Matty of MSG Plus!?

I agree with that, I just thought you must of been referring to the big in your face crap off smiley central and complete crap like that. Also, no Im not the same Matty off MsgPlus. Im the same Matty off MsgDiscovery, but I cant remember what my name on the plus forums is, I never go on there lately.
Sorry for going off-topic there.
+Quote Post
TheSteve
post Nov 26 2007, 10:14 AM
Post #58

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Nuno Peralta @ Nov 26 2007, 02:25 AM) *

that will be a feature of StuffPlug 3? laugh.gif

A Dynamic Display Picture (DPP) (the animated flash ones) will automatically adjust to text you type. You can even put nonstandard emoticon shortcuts in there.
+Quote Post
Nuno Peralta
post Nov 26 2007, 01:09 PM
Post #59

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,021

QUOTE(TheSteve @ Nov 26 2007, 11:14 AM) *

A Dynamic Display Picture (DPP) (the animated flash ones) will automatically adjust to text you type. You can even put nonstandard emoticon shortcuts in there.

do you mean "add more text shortcuts for DDPs"?

the default shortcuts of a DDP are " smile.gif biggrin.gif :@ ", and I will add " lol rotflmao grrr "... right?

smile.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
TheSteve
post Nov 27 2007, 12:00 AM
Post #60

Advanced Member

Assuming that you have access to get your content signed, then yes.
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 03:09 PM